Bi Visibility Day, also known as International Celebrate Bisexuality Day, has been marked each year since 1999 to highlight biphobia and to help people find the bisexual community.
Bi Visibility Day in 2018 also marks the start of #BiWeek – Bisexual Visibility Week, which runs until 30 September. To #BiVisibilityDay and #BiVisibilityWeek individuals and organisations have added the whole month September as Bi Visibility Month. More chances to learn and celebrate! #BiVisibilityMonth
Events for 2018
Countries that saw events include: Australia [>], Austria [>], Belgium [>], Bolivia [>], Brazil [>], Canada [>], Denmark [>], France [>], Germany [>], Guatemala [>], Hongkong [>], Ireland [>], Israel [>], Italy [>], Kyrgyzstan [>], Lithuania [>], Mexico [>], Netherlands [>], Norway [>], Poland [>], Russia [>], Serbia [>], Singapore [>], Slovenia [>], Spain [>], South Africa [>], South Korea [>], Sweden [>], Switzerland [>], Taiwan [>], Turkey [>], United Kingdom [>], United States of America [>], Vietnam [>], World [>]
- Melbourne. Celebrate Bisexuality+ Day Picnic. 13:00, Treasury Gardens, 2-18 Spring Street. Facebook event here.
- Perth. Bi+ Picnic with Unicorn Cake! 12:00, Hyde Park, Vincent Street. Facebook event here.
- Sydney. Bi Femmes go the LesBian shorts. 16:30, Event Cinemas George Street, 505-525 George Street. Meet-up event here.
- Vienna. VisiBi*lity Austria invites you to their Bi*sexual Visibility Day Party. Good music, bad puns and cool people. So tell your friends, come BI and bi loud, bi proud, bi visible! 19:00, Zweistern, Heinestraße 42. Facebook event here.
- Hasselt. Infotainment night about bisexuality for LGBT+ youngsters. 19:30, Inderdaad, Meldertstraat 38. Facebook event here.
- Brussels. Ambigu au bar. Pub evening for Bi+ people. 20:00, Rainbowhouse, Rue Marché au Charbon 42. Facebook event here.
- Hasselt. LesBian womens group Madam Bi Film night in co-operation with Ertussenin. A film that will learn you more about Wonder Woman! 19:30, De Madam vzw, vrouwen- en lesbocentrum, Meldertstraat 38. Facebook event here.
- Hasselt. Keer-punt meeting for and by transgender people. It’s Bi Visibility Month, something to think about. So there will be a powerpoint with some info. 20:00, Regenbooghuis Limburg, Meldertstraat 38. Facebook event here.
- Hasselt. Workshop Beyond Binaries, inspired by Robyn Ochs. 14:00, Regenbooghuis Limburg, Meldertstraat 38. Facebook event here.
- Leuven. Join All Bi for a festive drink & fingerfood. Meanwhile they’ll proudly present… themselves! The youngest and newest bi organisation in Flanders. 18:30-20:00, ROCCO, Diestsesteenweg 24. Facebook event here.
- Leuven. B Curious. Workshops, performances, debates. 9:30-17:00. 3Hoog, Mechelsevest 90. Details here.
- Santa Cruz. Fiesta Bisexual. Celebrate Bi Visibility Day together! Free entry, free drinks. 22:00, location available via whatsapp. More information on Facebook.
- Rio de Janeiro. PicNic + Gravaçao De Video Pela Visibilidade Bissexual (PicNic + Video Recording for Bisexual Visibility). 13:00, Parque Quinta Da Boa Vista, 250 Avenida Pedro II. Facebook event here.
- São Paulo. Bi-Sides plans to organise the 2nd of four discussion panels. Facebook announcement here.
- São Paulo. Bi-Sides plans to organise the 3rd of four discussion panels. Facebook announcement here.
- Belo Horizonte. Frente Bi has the first ever Bisexual Visibility party in the city: #querobis. Music, performances, photo exhibition. 22:00, Viaduto Santa Tereza. Facebook announcement here.
- São Paulo. Bi-Sides has a party and you’re invited! 23:00, Centro Cultural Zapata, Rua Riachuelo 328. Facebook event here.
- Ipatinga, Minas Gerais. Coletivo BIL organises the 6th Torneio de Futsal BIL / Indoor Soccer Tournament for bisexual and lesbian women. 9:00, venue of tournament to follow. Facebook announcement here.
- Porto Alegre. 16:00, Gasometroi. Roda Bi/ NUDS discussion about bisexual visibility and health, biphobia and self-discovery.
- São Paulo. Bi-Sides plans to organise an occupation in Paulista. Facebook announcement here.
- São Paulo. Bi-Sides plans to organise the 4th of four discussion panels. Facebook announcement here.
- Toronto. CRUSH – bi zine launch. 19:30-21:30, Glad Day Bookshop, 499 Church St. More here
- Toronto. Bi Arts Festival Opening Night Party. 22:00-01:00, Glad Day Bookshop, 499 Church St. More here.
- Toronto. Bi Arts Festival: Film & Video Showcase. 21:00-22.30, Palmerston Library Theatre, 560 Palmerston Ave. More here.
- Ontario. Ontario Public Service Pride Network will screen a selection of short films curated by Morgan Sears-Williams (Canadian Filmmakers Distribution Centre). 12:00-13:00, address to follow. More details soon.
- Toronto. Bi Arts Festival opening reception. 18:00-22:00, Beaver Hall Gallery, 29 McCaul Street. More here.
- Calgary. Celebration of Bi+ diversity and resilience. Panel discussion, poetry & book reading, info table. 13:00, location TBA. Facebook event here.
- Montreal. Bi Visibility Parade with Bi Pride flags. Walking up and down Ste-Catherine in the Village. Stop for some drinks at the Sky. 13:00-16:00, Sky NightClub, 1474 Rue Sainte-Catherine Est. Facebook event here.
- Toronto. Bi Arts Festival, 8pm-1am, the Tranzac club. Webpage.
- Copenhagen. BiGruppen Open House for all people under the Bi umbrella. Storytelling, bisexualitea & cake and a bi game. 14:00-17:00, LGBT Danmark, Nygade 7, 2. sal. Facebook event here.
- Paris. March through the streets of Paris. Bring your Bi, Pan, Non-Binary, Asexual and + flags, banners, signs! 14:30, meet on the Place du Colonel Fabien. Facebook event here.
- Toulouse. Visit the BI-Visible information booth for Bi Visibility Day! 10:30-17:00, in front of Fnac Wilson, on the esplanade François Mitterrand. Details here.
- Kiel. They’ll do it again! Just like last year the Bi Pride Flag is raised to Bi Visibility Day at the Ministry of Social Affairs of Schleswig-Holstein. 10:00, Adolf-Westphal-Str. 4. Facebook event here.
- Berlin. BiBerlin Camp 2018. Workshops & discussions, food & drinks. 11:00-20:30, Sonntags-Club, Greifenhagener Straße 28. Facebook event here.
- Berlin. Bi Party: Dance to the Bi Day! 22:00, Café/ Bar Marienhof, Marienburger Str. 7. Facebook info here.
- Hamburg. Garden party with barbecue and dancing. 16:00, if you’d like to attend, please send a message to Stammtisch Bi & Friends HH. Facebook info here.
- Nürnberg. The group Bi in Franken und Regensburg joins the Revival Geburtstagsparty von Fliederlich. After midnight on the occasion of Bi Visibility Day there will be a surprise! 21:00, Desi, Brückenstr. 23. Details here.
- Berlin. Bi Brunch, 11:00, Sonntags-Club, Greifenhagener Straße 28. Sonntags-Club webpage.
- Koln. Open Air Stammtisch. You can recognise the Bi group Uferlos via the Bi Pride flag and the pavillion they’ll set up. 16:00, Kölner Poller Wiesen. Facebook event here.
- Mainz. Researcher Richard Lemke tells about bisexual identities and bisexuality in partnerships. Moderated discussion afterwards. 17.00, Bar jeder Sicht, Hintere Bleiche 29. Facebook event here.
- Guatemala City. Bi Guate invites you to their social in town. Please, wear a purple blouse or T-shirt! 14:00, at the corner of the 8th. street and 6a. avenue of zone 1. Facebook event here.
- Hongkong. Diner in restaurant: share your story and meet other bisexual people, their partner(s) and friends. 19.30, Sham Shui Po: 愛無界 Love Unbounded will send exact address when you sign up. More here.
- Cork. Bi Visibility Boardgames. 18:00, Tabletop Cork, 9 Castle Street. Facebook event here.
- Galway. Visibili-Tea meet-up. Come & celebrate with some tea, treats and chats! 20:00, The Secret Garden, 4 William Street West. Facebook event here.
- Dublin. Bi+ Ireland organises a Bi+ Vis Variety Show with singing, burlesque, drag and lots more! 19:00, The Generator Hostel, Smithfield Square. Facebook event here.
- Belfast. Visibili-Tea meet-up. They have some speakers organised who will chat about their experiences in the local community and further afield. 19:00, Belfast Trans Resource Centre, 98 University Street. Facebook event here.
- Tel Aviv. Bi VisiBility Party, an exceptionally glittery and crazy night! 20:30 Doors open, stalls and tattoos. 21:30 Shows. 22:00 Party! Zizi Club, 7 Karlibach St.. Facebook event here.
- Pisa. BiT, Bisessuali in Toscana, organises the Flashmob ‘Under Bi+ Umbrella’. All for Bi Visibility: let’s open the pink, purple, and blue umbrellas together! 16:00, Piazza Garibaldi.
- Pisa. Polyamory and non-monosexual orientations. 17:00, Piazza Chiara Gambacorti, “La Pera”. Facebook event here.
- Padova. We count the Unicorns – Bisexuality & research. 21:00, Antéros LGBTI Padova, via Santa Sofia 5. Facebook event here.
- Padova. Bisexual Support Group. 21:00, Antéros LGBTI Padova, via Santa Sofia 5. Facebook event here.
- Verona. Festive opening of the Bisexual Desk. Tune in for a chat: personal, via phone or Skype. The service will be every 3rd Wednesday of the month from 19:00-21:00, Pianeta Milk – Verona Lgbt+ Center, Via Scuderlando, 137. Facebook event here.
- Novara. #50sfumaturedisessualità: An aperitif-workshop about Bisexuality. Guides in this journey: Collettivo Prisma LGBTI+ and Monia D’Addio, psychologist. 18:00, Le Muse, Fashion Cafè, Via Bianchini, 3/D. Facebook event here.
- Varese. Come and debunk prejudices against bisexual people with us in the Arcigay Varese gazebo! 14:30-18:30, Piazza San Giuseppe. Facebook event here.
- Cecina. Visit the Arcigay Livorno information booth for Bi Visibility Day! 17:00-19:00, Piazza Francesco Domenico Guerrazzi, 57023 Cecina LI,. Facebook event here.
- Padova. Bi-VISIBLE Picnic. 15:30-18:00. Piazza Prato della Valle, Memnia Island, south side. Facebook event here.
- Rome. Unite for the national demonstration for Bi Visibility, to demand recognition, inclusion and dignity of all people who love more than one gender. 16:00, Piazza della Madonna di Loreto, Colonna Traiana near Piazza Venezia. Facebook event here.
- Lucca. An inspiring evening with the installation INSTA.BI.LI. and a human library where people cover themes connected to bisexuality. 21:00, Cantiere Giovani, Via del Brennero 673. Facebook event here.
- Livorno. Training on recognition, inclusion and dignity of bisexual people. Arcigay Livorno with BiT. Bisexuals in Tuscany. Stay for an aperitif! 16:30-19:30, Le Cicale Operose, Corso Amedeo, 101. Facebook event here.
- Milan. The newborn group Milano Bisessualità organises a picnic. 17:00, Venite al Laghetto – Niguarda Parco Nord, Via Luigi Ornato, Bresso. Facebook event here.
- Bishkek. For the second year the bi community in Bishkek celebrates Bi Visibility Day. You can contact them via the Facebook event.
- Vilnius. Bi-Matomumo diena LT / Bi-Visibility day LT: Mini-Conference about the various identities under the Bisexual Umbrella. 15:00, Paviljonas, Pylimo g. 21B. Facebook event here.
- Vilnius. Let’s Bi Together: Party! Bi Colours & Music. 22:00, SOHO Club, SOHO CLUB, Švitrigailos g. 7. Facebook event here.
- Vilnius. Bi-Matomumo diena LT / Bi-Visibility day LT: Bicnic. 11:00, Chaika, Totorių g. 7. Facebook event here.
- Mexico City. The History of Bisexuality. 19:00, Voces en Tinta, Niza 23a, Col. Juárez, Zona Rosa. More on the Facebook page.
- Mexico City. Sexual orientation to determine or discover. 19:00, Voces en Tinta, Niza 23a, Col. Juárez, Zona Rosa. More on the Facebook page.
- Mexico City. Conversatorio, Bisexualidades Trans. Hosted by Centro Cultural Border. 6 pm – 9pm UTC-05. Zacatecas 43, Colonia Roma, 06700 Mexico City, Mexico. RSVP at eventbrite . Facebook event here.
- Utrecht. Panel on the polyphony of love after the solo theatre show ‘Red’ about a bisexual man performed by Rick Pullens. 20:00, Het Huis Utrecht, Boorstraat 107. Details here.
- Oslo. VisiBle invites you over for a coffee and a chat in the Colosseum Kaffebrenneriet at Majorstuen. Join the bi and pan flags on the tables, and bi VisiBle! 13:00, Fridtjof Nansens vei 5. Facebook event here.
- Trondheim. VisiBle i Trondheim meets in a café in the centre of the city for bisexualitea and a friendly chat. 14:00, Tulla Fischer, Kongensgate 8. Facebook event here.
- Warsaw. It’s Bi Visibility Day! Let’s get together in public space to celebrate our bisexuality and/or our bisexual family and friends. Show your support. Do it now! 15:00-17:00, plac Zamkowy. Facebook event here.
- Warsaw. Presentation of new novel W powietrzu by Inga Iwasiów with bi woman as main character. Discussion afterwards. 18:00, Lambda Warszawa, Żurawia 24a lok. 4, 00-515 Śródmieście. Facebook event here.
- St. Petersburg. We are expecting more information about the wonderful events that took place for Bi Visibility Day in St. Petersburg!
- Belgrado. Activist Stefan Sparavalo gives a lecture on the B of bisexuality, the third letter within the LGBT+ acronym. 18:00-19:00, Prajd Info Centar, Kralja Milana 20. Facebook event here.
- Belgrado. Human library of two bisexual persons Ana and Janko. 19:00-20:00, Prajd Info Centar, Kralja Milana 20. Facebook event here.
- Singapore. The Bi+ Collective Singapore holds a social at a queer friendly place. 15:00, registration required. Address will be sent to attendees. Facebook event here.
- Ljubljana. Trans meet-up. Socialise and listen to Kvartir‘s #BiWeek presentation about their recent projects, such as the first ever Slovenian publication about Bisexuality! 19:00, Legibitra, Trubarjeva 76a. Facebook event here.
- Pretoria. Gay SA Radio celebrates Bisexual Awareness Week. Facebook event here.
- Pretoria. Gay SA Radio celebrates Bi Visibility Day. Facebook event here.
- Johannesburg. Bi meetup group organising a picnic, 11:00-15:00. For more info see the Johannesburg bi meetup.
- Jeju City. The 2nd Jeju Queer Culture Festval has choosed bisexuality as their theme this year! 12:00-18:00, Sinsan Park. Facebook event here.
- Castello. Bisexual Pride Castelló 2018. Daily (!) Bi+ events until September 29th. Facebook event here.
- Arrecife, Lanzarote. The moon has phases, bisexuality does not. Presentation and social. 18:30, Casa de la Juventud, Calle Dr. Juan Negrin, 118. Facebook announcement here.
- Alicante The B in the LGBT movement, with Esdras Catari. Presentation and discussion. 19:00. Compromís LGTB+ Comarques d’Alacant, Cl Orense, 3. Facebook event here.
- Terrassa near Barcelona. The Bisexual section of LGTB Terrassapresents activist Jorge Barrazza Fernandez, who holds the talk ‘Does my bisexuality confuse you? The reality of bisexual people; rejection and bifobia.’ 21:00, Bau House, Avinguda de Jacquard, 1. Details here.
- Valencia. Author Ignacio Elpidio Domínguez Ruiz presents his book Ethnography of Bisexuality in LGBT activism. 19:00, Carrer de la República Argentina, 22. Details here.
- Castello de la Plana. Party: Fredy & David. 23:30, Pub Soho, Carrer de Carcaixent, 33. Facebook event here.
- Madrid. Workshop Am I Bi? by activist Esperanza Montero. 18:00, Cogam, Calle de la Puebla, 9. Details here.
- Madrid. Party 10 Anniversary of the Bisexual Group Cogam. Food, drink, music, and action Ask a Bi. 20:00, Cogam, Calle de la Puebla, 9. Details here.
- Castello. Bisexual Pride: Reading of the Manifesto and homage to Gloria Fuertes. 19:00, Castellón de la Plana – Pescateria Square. Facebook event here.
- Madrid. Grupo de Bisexuales COGAM and KifKif go out on the street to claim their visibility and the fight against bifobia and monosexism. 18:30-20:30, Plaza de la Puerta del Sol. More here.
- Madrid. KifKif invites you to leave your message on their Bisexual Visibility Day banner sé BIsible (Be Visible). 18:00-19:00, Plaza de Lavapiés. Facebook event here.
- Madrid. Entertraining about how culture perpetuates monosexism. Where do you see it in television series? Also good examples of bi+ representation. 19:30-21:30, Cogam, Calle de la Puebla, 9. Details here.
- Göteborg. Fika, your Bi Visibility Day coffee break, 14:00, Condeco, Västra Hamngatan 16. More here.
- Uppsala. Screening of Three (Drei/Tre). With discussion afterwards about Bi Visibility in films. 14:00, Fyrisbiografen, St Olofsgatan 10. Facebook event here.
- Basel. Weekend with all bi-groups in Switzerland to celebrate Bi Visibility Day. Meet-up in an Inn. Cooking together and enjoying the bi+ community. Swimming in the Rhine when weather allows. Welcome in the afternoon at Nachthafen, Burgweg 7. More here.
- Taichung City. Meet=up of Bi The Way. Chat. Have a cup of tea, a glass of wine, and share wat you want to share. 19:00-21:00, Section 3, Taiyuan Road, Beitun District (exact address will follow). Facebook event here.
- Istanbul. Bisexual Visibility Chat. They are your friends, and sometimes they become your partners. Who are these bisexual people? 16:00-18:00, Cinsel Şiddetle Mücadele Derneği, Koşuyolu Caddesi, Asçamlık Sitesi C2 Blok 75/6 Kadıköy. Facebook event here.
- Izmir. Bi+ Party! 21.30, Rec Alsancak, Kıbrıs Şehitleri cad. Muzaffer İzgü sok. Alsancak/Konak. Facebook event here.
- Istanbul. LADEG+ invites you to a Kahoot! quiz about bisexuality. Download the app and play! Expect a lively discussion and learning from each other. 16.00, Boysan’ın Evi, Üftade Sk. No:10. Facebook event here.
- Izmir. B+ What’s under the umbrella? 18.00-20:00, Genç LGBTİ Derneği İzmir, 1472. Sok. No:20 Gürsoy Apartman. Daire:5 Kat:2, 35220 Konak. Facebook event here.
- Liverpool. Open Table communion service for Bi Visibility Day at St Bride’s Church, Percy Street, L8. 18:30 start.
- Manchester. BiPhoria raises a Bi Visibility Banner at Sackville Gardens.
- Edinburgh. Discussion around bisexuality & visibility. 19:00-21:00, LGBT Centre, 9 Howe St. Facebook event here.
- Bristol. #BiSpace, lunch session for civil servants working in Bristol. 12:30-13:30, Horizon House, Deanery Road. Details here.
- Leeds. Film screening at Leeds University Union, 17:00. Facebook event here.
- London. #BiSpace, lunch session for civil servants working in London. 12:30-14:00, BEIS Conference Centre, room C19, 1 Victoria St, Westminster. Details here.
- York. Bi pub meet at the Cross Keys, Goodramgate, organised by York LGBT FOrum. See YorkBiGroup on twitter.
September [email protected]
- Leeds. Leeds Bi Group present: Bi Talk in conjunction with Leeds City Council’s LGBT+ Community Hub, Touchstone and Pinsent Masons. 18:00-21:00, Pinsent Masons, 1 Park Row. Details here.
- Birmingham. Brum Bi Group Pub Crawl. Encouraged to bring your flags, silly headgear, glowsticks and whatever else will make the group as visible as possible. 19:30, The Dragon Inn, Hurst Street.Facebook event here.
- Leeds. Raising of the bisexual flag over Leeds Beckett University.
- Leeds. Bi Visibility running with Leeds Front runners. 09:00-10:30 at Roundhays Park. Meet Lakeside Cafe, look for the bi flag. Facebook event here.
- Manchester. BiPhoria hosts #StillBisexual video-making.12:30-14:00, LGBT Foundation, 5 Richmond Street. Info here.
- Manchester. Bi boardgaming. 14:00-16:00, LGBT Foundation, 5 Richmond Street. Info here.
- Stirling. BiTastic! 10:00-17:00, Forth Valley College, Drip Road. More here.
- Birmingham. Brum Bi Group Coffee Meet. 12:00, Damascena, Temple Row. Depending on the weather they’ll take their food & drinks outside to Pigeon Park (Birmingham Cathedral).Facebook announcement here.
- Bolton. Bis at Bolton Pride (street stall). Facebook event here.
- Bristol. Bisexual Bike Ride 2018. Grab your bikes, invite your friends and join for a friendly, slow Bi Visibility bike ride. 15:30-17:00, meet by the bandstand in Castle Park. Facebook event here.
- Glasgow. Screening of Call Me By Your Name. To mark Bi Visibility Day, there will be a panel discussion after the film on Bisexuality in the Media. 13:30, Glasgow Film Theatre, 12 Rose Street. Buy your ticket(s)!
- Leeds. Bi boardgaming afternoon. 14:00-17:00 at Geek Retreat, Central Arcade. Facebook event here.
- London. 11:00 Bi Visibility Day Picnic, Green Park. Look for bi flags, bunting, umbrellas. Meetup event page.
- London. CaBiRet bi performance night. Details here.
- Manchester. University flies the bi flag and has computer screen display messages about Bi Visibility Day. Bi Vis Quiz – details to be confirmed.
- Oxford. Town hall will fly the bi flag again to mark the date.
- Salford. Bi Inclusion Speaker from BiPhoria at University House, 12:00-13:00.
- Salford. Bi Picnic outside University House 12:00 – 15:00, bring your own food / drink to share.
- Salford. Celebrating Bi Artists. Art and craft session, Derwent Room, University House, University House. 15:00-16:00.
- Southampton. Bi Visibility Day At The London! 15:00-18:00, London Hotel, Terminus Terrace. Facebook info here.
- Stockport. Town Hall will be lit up in pink, purple and blue.
- Stoke-on-Trent. Bi Social Meetup. 11:00 at Potteries Museum & Art Gallery. Facebook event here.
- Edinburgh. Bi talk and short film screening followed by panel and Q&A. From 18:00 at ECA Evolution House. More here.
- London. Bi Visibility Cake Stand at University of Roehampton Library, main entrance from 12:00.
- London. Bi Pride UK presents: B You… In The Workplace. 18:30, EY Canary Wharf, 25 Churchill Place. Facebook event here.
- Manchester. Bi stall in University Student Union foyer, 09:00-16:00
- Manchester. #BiSpace, lunch session for civil servants working in Manchester. 12:30-13:30, Department for Education, Piccadilly Gate, room 1.06, Store Street. Details here.
- Manchester. Bi visibility workshop, 16:00-18:30, University of Manchester Student Union room 8.
- Worthing. Bi Coffee Meet, 4pm at Starbucks, 22-26 South Road. Facebook event here.
- Aberdeen. Screening of The Comedian at Robert Gordon University. 17:00 for 17:30 start. Tickets here.
- London. Bi-Lights Show with musicians and performers. 19:00 – 23:00, The Two Brewers, 114 Clapham High Street. Facebook event here.
- Columbus, OH. K THX BI: A Bi Showcase presented by Bianca Spunky Moore. 8pm to 10 pm, Bossy Grrl’s Pinup Joint, 2598 N High St. Facebook event here
- Milwaukee, WI. Bi Visibility Month Discussion Group. Chat about the impact of Bi-erasure on our Bi-Visibility. 17:30-19:30, Anodyne Coffee Roasting Co., 224 W. Bruce St. Facebook event here.
- Columbus, OH. Funky Fresh Fun (aka BiLocal Monthly Happy Hour followed by Karaoke fun). 16:00-18:00, Bossy Grrl’s Pinup Joint, 2598 N High St. Facebook event here
- New York. Bi flag raised (for the first time) over the NYC LGBT+ Center. Facebook info here.
- Bloomsburg, PA. Games and activities. 13:00, Kehr Union Building, Multipurpose A. Facebook event here.
- Boston. Celebrate Bi+ Pride/Visibility Day! Wear your bi pride colors and join for snacks, drinks, a raffle, and meeting your local bi+ community. 19:00-22:00, Lir, 903 Boylston St. Facebook event here.
- Chapel Hill, NC. LGBTQ Center at UNC Chapel Hill hosts a hang-out with Bi folks and allies. 10:00-14:00, The Pit. Facebook event here.
- New York. HIV/AIDS & Bisexuality: Uncovering Connection talk. BiRequest has partnered with Housing Works, to take a hard look at the intersection of bisexuality and HIV/AIDS, $20 suggested donation. Meetup page here.
- Arlington, VA. Center Bi Plus night out at Freddie’s Beach Bar.. 7:45 PM to 9:45 PM. 555 23rd St S, Arlington, VA 22202. Meet Up link here.
- New York. Bi+ Trivia: 15:00 at Phoenix, 447 East 13th Street – quiz with bi+ prizes! Meetup event here.
- West Hollywood. The first-ever official Bi Pride Celebration of a City in the US! 14:00-18:00, Auditorium – West Hollywood Park, 647 N. San Vicente Blvd. Facebook event here.
- Asheville, NC. Bi+ Visibility Brunch, 10:30 at Tupelo Honey South, 1745 Hendersonville Rd. Meetup page here.
- Atlanta, GA. BisexualiTea. 17:00, Phillip Rush Center, 1530 DeKalb Avenue, Suite A. Facebook event here.
- Columbia, SC. Bi+ Visibility Celebration. Hosted by Bi+ Space. 1 PM – 3 PM EDT. At South Carolina State House. 1201 Main St Columbia, South Carolina . Facebook event here.
- Columbus, OH. Visibility Rally & Community Social. Hosted by BiLocal. Come together for fellowship and visibility! 12-4 pm Goodale Park. 120 West Goodale Street. 1-2 pm Rally and Speakers at the Gazebo, 2-4 pm Reception at the Shelterhouse. Facebook event here.
- Denver, CO. Family-friendly Event. Picnic, face painting and a photo booth to show it off, games & coloring sheets, buttons available by donation. 11:00, Cheeseman Park. Facebook event here.
- Duluth, MT. Bi Visibility Day Picket. 17:30-18:30 at The People’s Power Plaza, the tiny park at the corner of Lake Avenue. Facebook event here.
- Gilbert, AZ. Celebrate Bisexuality! at Fluid Array Foundation’s Bi Pride Day event. More here.
- Knoxville, TN. Bi Pride/Bi Visibility Day meetup: just hanging out and eating pizza. 16:00-20:00, ET Permaculture Research Institute, 201 Ogle Avenue. Facebook event here.
- Milwaukee, WI. Bi+ Pride Milwaukee hosts a Bi-B-Q! 11:00, Lake Park. Facebook event here.
- Minneapolis, MN. You’re invited to Celebrate Bisexuality Day! Hosted by the Bisexual Organizing Project. Sunday, September 23 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Davanni’s Pizza and Hot Hoagies: 1905 Perimeter Rd, Roseville, MN 55113. RSVP at eventbrite.
- New York. Event at The Loft LGBT Center, Bryant Ave, White Plains; details to be confirmed, see this page.
- New York. “Bisexuality in 2018: Pain Points & Milestones” 15:00 at Stonewall Inn, upstairs event space, Christopher Street. Panel discussion. Suggested $20 door donation. Meetup event page.
- Philadelphia, PA. 3rd Annual Philly Bi Visibility Day. Raising of the Bi Pride flag and Bi community members speech. 18:00, William Way LGBT Community Center, 1315 Spruce St. Facebook event here
- Pittsburg. Bi Visibility Day Community Conference. Workshops, art show, networking. 12:00-17:00, Persad Center, 5301 Butler St, Ste 100. Facebook event here
- Portland, OR. AmBi social meetup. Details here (meetup site login required)
- Portland, OR. Bi+ Heart Circle hosted by The Bi Brigade, 3-6 p.m. Q Center, 4115 N Mississippi Ave, Portland, OR 97227.
- Portland, OR. Bi+ Sunday Coffee hosted by The Bi Brigade, 1-3 p.m. Triumph Coffee, 201 SE 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97214
- San Francisco. Bi/Trans Brunch, 13:00-16:00 at Streamline, 3560 Taraval Street, organised by Bay Area Bi Network. Facebook event here.
- St Louis, MO. Bisexual Alliance of St Louis hosts a potluck picnic. 13:00. Meetup page event.
- Seattle. Bi social meetup 14:00-18:00, Optimism Brewing Co, 1158 Broadway. Facebook event here.
- Richmond, VA. Bi+ Discussion Group – Focus Topic on Visibility and Erasure at Metropolitan Community Church of Richmond, 2501 Park Avenue, start time 19:00..
- Atlanta. Bi The Way, panel discussion on bisexual and pansexual visibility. 19:00, Charis Books and More/Charis Circle, 1189 Euclid Ave NE. Facebook event here.
- Seattle. Bi party for Bi Visibility Week with bi film, art, music, dancing. 21:00, Mercury @ Machinewerks, 1009 E Union St. Facebook event here.
- Hanoi. We are expecting more information about the creative workshop that took place for Bi Visibility Day in Hanoi!
- Hanoi. We are expecting more information about the #BiPride contingent at Hanoi Pride!
- FREE Download on Bi Visibility Day: LARKER ANTHOLOGY, an independent, annual bi anthology published on Bi Visibility Day since 2013. It celebrates the visual heritage of the resilient communities under the bisexual umbrella. It features original as well as archival/historical photographs of actual bi people. It is based in NYC, but it features bi people and bi culture from all over the globe. Download the Larker Anthology series.
- FREE Download on Bi Visibility Day: SUBATOMIC and other stories by & about bisexuals.
What a wonderful gift to the world: a the pdf of a brand new short stories book to download for free! On Bi Visibility Day 2018, editors Mariëlle S. Smith & Sìne Màiri Ní Ailpín will publish: My Voice – My Story; SUBATOMIC and other stories by & about bisexuals For updates, follow the editor’s site, their Facebook page, or this website (thank you for being here).
- PODCAST: Adult Bedtime Stories Podcast on Celebrate Bi Day, with Gigi Raven Wilbur who says “Check out my podcast Adult Bedtime Stories as I cover a little of the history of Celebrate Bisexuality Day.” Here on iTunes.
- Invite your friends: WorldWide Facebook event for Bi Visibility Day.
When you are on Facebook again, why not invite all your bi and bi-ally friends to the Facebook event Bi Visibility Day!
Other Bi Visibility Day events?
Did we miss something from 2018?
Tell us about any we’re missing.