Bi Visibility Day, also known as International Celebrate Bisexuality Day, has been marked each year since 1999 to highlight biphobia, to celebrate the work of bi organisations, and to help people find the bisexual community.
Events in 2017:
Countries that saw events in 2017 include: Armenia, Australia[>], Austria[>], Belgium[>], Canada[>], France [>], Germany [>], Guatemala [>], Iceland [>], India [>], Ireland [>], Italy [>], Lithuania [>], Mexico [>], Netherlands [>], Norway [>], Russia, Slovakia [>], Slovenia [>], Spain [>], South Africa, South Korea [>], Taiwan [>], United Kingdom [>], United States of America [>]
- “What does it mean to be bisexual? Let’s hear and understand”/«Ի՞նչ է նշանակում լինել բիսեքսուալ. լսենք և հասկանանք նրանց». Held at PINK Armenia’s office. We are not publishing the address because of security issues. Call them on +37460377277
- Movie screening and discussion/ Կինոդիտում և քննարկում. Held at PINK Armenia’s office. We are not publishing the address because of security issues. Call them on +37460377277
- “Queer talk” (weekly discussions) on the topic “Bi phobia: Let’s overcome together”/ «Բիֆոբիա. հաղթահարենք միասին». Held at PINK Armenia’s office. We are not publishing the address because of security issues. Call them on +37460377277
- Melbourne. Bis in videogames talk at AlterCon, 11am. More here.
- Melbourne. Bi Boardgaming meetup, 2pm. More here.
- Melbourne. Music & dancing from 6pm. More here.
- Perth: Bi+ Visibility Picnic. More here.
- Vienna / Wien. VisiBi*lity Launch and Bi Visibility Day Party, 8pm. Note venue change. More here.
All month in Hasselt, Limburg there is a visi-bi-lity exhibition. More here.
- Hasselt, Limburg: “Bi-ware” Bi youth talk. 730pm. More here.
- Hasselt, Limburg: Bi social. 7pm. More here.
- Leopoldsburg: Can’t think straight – film night. 8pm. More here.
- Hasselt, Limburg: Film night. 730pm. More here.
- Hasselt, Limburg: Bi Boardgaming. 3pm. More here.
- Brussels. Event at Rainbowhouse, 7pm, open mic & more. Info here.
- Leuven: B Curious 0900-1600 at 3hoog Leuven Meeting & Party Center, Mechelsevest 90, 3000 Leuven, Belgium. Creative workshops around bisexuality for bis and those who just want to learn more. Info: here or on facebook
- Santa Cruz de la Sierra. First national bisexual event. More here.
- São Paulo. Talk about bi self-care and suicide. More here.
- São Paulo. Talk on bisexuality, blackness and racism, musical concerts, and photo shoot. More here.
- São Paulo. Bisexual tour at the Renato Russo exhibition. More here.
- São Paulo. Bi, Demi & Asexual talk. More here.
- São Paulo. Bi Visibility Party. Party late to round off the month! More here.
Friday 22 September:
- Toronto. Bi Arts Festival: Pop-Up Market. More here.
Saturday 23 September:
- Toronto. ‘Smashes’ queer comedy performance. More here.
- Toronto. 1pm, “Incite” bi writing, poetry and fiction. More here.
Sunday, 24 September:
- Toronto. Bi Arts Festival — Film and Video Screening. More here.
- Toronto. Wikipedia Edit-A-Thon. More here.
- Copenhagen. Bi Coffee meet, organised by the Bi Group of LGBT Denmark. 3pm: More here.
Saturday, 23 September:
Helsinki: Bi Visibility photography exhibition. More here.
Saturday, 23 September:
- Paris: 2pm. Bi Visibility / 20 Years of Be’Cause bi group celebration, including parade with SOS homophobie, l’Inter-Lgbt, Act-Up Paris, FiEres, Le Flag, Le Mag Jeune. More here.
Monday, 25 September:
- Paris: Book reading at LGBT Centre. 8pm: more here.
- Kiel first town in Germany to fly the bi flag. Flag raising 10.15am, more here.
- Cologne. Bi picnic. More here.
- Hamburg. Garden party from 6pm. More here.
- Nuernberg. Bi party, more here. 8pm. More here.
Bi Lunch in the park, 12:00 organised by Bi Sparkle. facebook event
- Guatemala City. 2pm, social meetup. More here.
- Reykjavík– Bi meet & mingle social evening. More here.
- New Delhi – 5pm. Join the local bi group for an informative open afternoon. Note venue has changed from previously listed. More here.
- Dublin. Film screening for Bi Vis Day organised by Bi+ Ireland. See facebook.
- Cork. Games and discussions at the Poor Relation 7pm. See facebook.
- Limerick. Bi+ Coffee, Chats and Boardgames at Chez La Fab, Arthurs Quay from 8pm. See facebook.
- Galway. GCN Town Hall Talks – Getting Bi: Bi Visibility in Ireland. At Aras Na Mac Leinn, NUIG Grounds, 7.30pm. Tickets on eventbrite.
- Galway. Afternoon of games and discussions organised by Bi+ Ireland 4-8pm. See facebook.
- Galway. Afterparty. 9pm-late. Nova, 1 William St West. Facebook event.
- Tel Aviv. Bi party at the Ozen Bar. More here.
- Padua / Padova. Bi march from Piazza Capitaniato to Piazza Garibaldi, 3pm-7pm; details on facebook here. or on our site here.
- Padua / Padova. After the march, dance the night away. More here.
- Torino. Bi talk, 6pm. More here.
- Treviso. Cabaret evening, 7pm. More here.
- Varese. Bi Info Gazebo! 2pm More here.
- Capannori. Learn about bisexuality through games. More here.
- Milan / Milano. Bi 101 at Arcigay Milano centre, 6.30pm. More here.
- Milan / Milano. Debate around bi visibility at Harvey Milk centre, 7pm. More here.
Coming up soon: October 7 launch of bi health report, Lucca: more here.
- Vilnius. Bi-eautiful Evening from 6.30pm at LGBT* Centre Pylimo str. 21, LT-01141 Vilnius. More info.
- Rotterdam. LGBT Pride – bi marching group, meet 11am. More here.
- Rotterdam. Post-Pride-march social. More here.
Saturday, September 23
- Asunción. 6pm. Bi meeting, facebook info here.
- Lisbon. Bi picnic. No further details yet.
- St Petersburg – LuBi meeting – facebook event here.
Saturday, September 23
- Bratislava. Day of bi films. More here.
Saturday, September 23
- Ljubljana. Coming out workshop / discussion. More here.
- Johannesburg. Launch of new bi group. More here.
- Busan. 4pm. Pride parade with giant bi flag. More here.
Tuesday September 19
- Madrid. Biphobia & hate crime talk, Alcocorn. 7pm. More here.
Thursday September 21
- Madrid. Biphobia & hate crime talk, Getafe. 6pm. More here.
Friday September 22
Saturday September 23
- Barcelona. Bi representation on TV discussion, 6pm. More here.
- Madrid – Town Hall lit up for bi visibility – more here.
- Madrid – Street demonstration for bi visibility – 630pm, more here.
- Sevilla / Seville. Bi meetup, 2pm. More here.
- Tenerife. Bi talk at LGBT centre. More here.
- Vigo – 6pm – Bi social meetup. More here.
Monday 25 September
- Vigo – Film night, 7pm. More here.
Saturday September 30
- León. Bi talk, public bi manifesto reading and bi-jama party. More here.
- Uppsala. Social meetup & bi quiz, 6pm. More here.
- Hsinchu. Gisneyland meet-up, 2pm. More here.
- Hsinchu. Bi meetup from 7pm. More here.
- Hualien city. Bi group on Pride parade, meet 1pm: more here.
- Taitung. Bi group on Pride parade, more here.
Saturday September 23:
- Istanbul. Panel discussion, 5pm. More here.
Friday September 8:
- Manchester. Launch for new edition of Getting Bi In A Gay / Straight World.
Wednesday September 13:
- London. Bi Poetry night. More here.
Thursday September 14:
- Stockport. Council debates bisexual needs at Town Hall. Note: motion passed without opposition.
Sunday September 17:
- Leeds. Leeds Beckett University will fly the bisexual flag this week to welcome students arriving for the new academic year.
- Liverpool. LGBT Christian service with bi focus. Details here.
Monday September 18:
- Bolton. Bi books and resources display at Library & Museum, runs til 25th. More here.
Thursday September 21:
- London. Staff network webcast and Gresham Street reception for Lloyds Bank & Bank of Scotland. See staff intranet.
Wednesday September 20:
- Belfast. Buns & bis at the Rainbow Project, 6pm. Facebook event here.
Friday, September 22
- Edinburgh. Talk about being visibly bisexual. 7pm-9pm, details on facebook here.
- Leeds. Bi Review and afterparty. 5pm-late, details here.
- Manchester. University building flies bi flag & more. More here.
- Sheffield. Talk about bisexual asylum seekers experiences. More here.
Saturday, September 23
- Birmingham. Bi Pub Crawl, 6pm-1am. More here.
- Brighton. Picnic in the Pavilion, 12 noon. More here.
- Brighton. Having our Cake. 3pm. More here.
- Brighton. Yellow Book social, 6pm. More here.
- Bristol. Bi picnic, 12 noon. More here.
- Edinburgh. Film screening, more here.
- Great Yarmouth. Drag night at local gay bar. More here.
- Leeds. Running in the park in purple, with Leeds Frontrunners. Further details soon.
- Leeds. Bi street stall – more here.
- Leeds. Town hall & Civic Hall both lit up in purple for the day / evening.
- Leicester. Talk on being bi & disabled. 12 noon. More here.
- London. Bi flag flown at Camden town hall. More here.
- London. Student picnic, Green Park. More here.
- London. “Through the years” pub crawl. More here.
- Manchester. Bi performance evening. More here.
- Nottingham. Street flyering 3pm & 6pm panel discussion event. Details here.
- Oxford. Town hall flies the bi flag. More here.
- Southampton. 8pm, Quiz & social meetup. More here.
- Swansea. University building flying the bi flag.
- Stockport. Town hall illuminated in pink, purple and blue for the day.
Sunday, September 24:
- Liverpool. Cafe meet & chat, 2pm. See facebook here.
- London. Queer as Jokes bi comedy night, at the Bill Murray, N1. More here.
- London. Cabiret “an evening of the bisexual variety!” performance night. 5pm Cavendish Arms, 128 Hartington Road, SW8. Details: facebook
Monday, September 25:
- London. B in LGBT talk at South Bank Uni. More here.
- Manchester. StillBisexual video making & Bi Quiz Night. More here.
Thursday, September 28:
- London. 10 Years celebration of London Bi Meetup group. More here.
- Columbus Ohio. Bis on Bikes bicycle ride and picnic. (meetup link)
Thursday, September 14
- Columbus, Ohio. Unicorn Cocktail Happy Hour at Bossy Grrls Pin Up Joint. (meetup link)
Tuesday, September 19:
- Los Angeles. “Beyond the Binary” talk 430pm at Cal State Uni Northridge. Info here.
Thursday, September 21:
- Los Angeles. Events at LMU all day starting 11am. More here.
Friday September 22:
- Boston. Bi+Pride social & merch sale. 7pm; more here.
- New Jersey. Tie-dye for Bi Visibility. Montclair State campus, 2.30pm. Facebook event here.
- New York. Open mic night. More here.
- San Francisco. Dance the night away at Friday bi night live! More here.
- Valencia. Out on the (Magic) Mountain. More here.
Saturday, September 23:
- Allentown. 6pm EST. Bisexual Artists on Visibility. More here. At Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Community Center, 522 W. Maple St., Allentown, PA 18101 website
- Columbus, Ohio. Bi Local’s Fourth Annual Bi Visibility Celebration featuring a variety show including comedy, burlesque, and musical performances. (meetup link)
- Los Angeles. Bisexual Arts Fest. More here.
- Philadelphia. Philly Bi Visibility Day Rally and Health Fair, info here.
- Phoenix, Arizona. Social event, 7pm. More here.
- Salt Lake City. 3rd Annual Queer Continuum Conference: All of Us or None of Us. More here.
- Seattle. 4pm-10pm. Bi Visibility Day social. At the Optimism Brewing Company 1158 Broadway, Seattle, Washington 98122. Details: facebook.
- Tulsa. Stand Bi Me party. More here.
- Waltham, MA. Celebrate Bisexuality Day at Brandeis Uni, speakers inc Robyn Ochs. More here.
Sunday, September 24:
- Portland, Oregon. Bi Week wrap-up, 11am. More here.
- Hanoi. Discussion about biphobia. More here.
Online, Resources & Other Events:
On Facebook? The Facebook event is here – invite all your bi and bi-ally friends!
Bi Visibility Day Posters are ready to download from Unison (UK) here.